Thursday 14 February 2013

Poems on the theme of love

For Valentine's Day, some of my poems on the theme of love...




I don’t mind

I don’t mind
If you stare
Or paint the room in blue
While I sleep

I don’t mind
If you walk a while
Or smile in your style
And mimic your expression

I don’t mind
If the urge to be is too much
Or the strength to see is gone
While I dream



Haiku on the theme of love


She wakes with the morn,
Daisies woven in her hair;
So sprightly she laughs

In the glowing sun
She runs free, her arms outspread
Face tilted upward

Under sparkling stars
She laughs like water cascades
Rippling endlessly

Under twilight moons
In the shadows she dances
With amorous guile

He showers at night -
Rippling muscles of delight;
Water trickles down

In the aching heart
Sleep the locked passions untold,
Longing to escape

Chasing the dreamer,
My love drifts on the sea like
Petals in the wind

Some distant day she’ll
Return when she sees beauty
In a rainbow sing



These poems and others can be found in my poetry books - Kaleidoscope and Life's Rhythms.
Thanks for reading. Happy V Day!!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)