Tuesday 21 June 2022

A Poem a Day (521): Earth day

 
A poem written from a prompt from Robert Lee Brewer: write an astrology poem.
His poem: https://www.writersdigest.com/write-better-poetry/wednesday-poetry-prompts-606
 
Earth day 

Today I’m going to be a Taurus
and practice the art of being a bull.
With my ruling planet of Venus,
I’ll be in my element, Earth.

Give me anything pink or green
and something luxurious to revel in.
I’ll be stubborn, possessive, uncompromising,
but also reliable, patient and practical.

Give me something broke and I’ll fix it,
or else I’ll try to make music from it.
So grounded, I’ll just lie in the grass,
wallow in the woody-green scent of the trees, 

and pluck forget-me-not daisies to make chains
before taking up a spot of gardening.
Pass me something wondrously cooked
and then wonder at my total loyalty.

But, hey, I’m actually a water sign,
swimming in two different directions,
always curious and searching for land,
lost in the vast blue oceans.
 
Copyright Vickie Johnstone, June 21, 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)