Wednesday 16 January 2019

A Poem a Day (90): The stuff of dreams


I did a Faber poetry course at the start of last year and it was great. I recommend it. This is one of the poems I wrote in class. We'd been talking about fantastical poetry, I think, and I wrote something silly. 


The stuff of dreams

We dream in colours, dream sublime,
In the waking hours we’ll tell of the time
Of falling feet off a trespass of bridges –
The mind caves in upon the creep of ages.

In the ebb and flow, the caress of sea,
We sit beneath the roar, this cacophony,
Watching seahorses limbo under green seaweed
And a lobster tango with a centipede.

We draw lines between the earth and sky,
The real, the unreal and the misted goodbye,
Where skeletons dance within a shimmer of stars
Grasping skulls of blood in a moonlight farce.

Copyright Vickie Johnstone, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)