Friday 8 May 2015

A Poem a Day 2015 (45): Come


Today I'm posting a little poem I just wrote for JD Mader's 2-minute writing challenge. It's on his blog, Unemployed Imagination, every Friday if you fancy a go. Check it out here - www.jdmader.com/2015/05/2-minutes-go.html
Go now - run like the wind! Cheers.

Come

Come be with me
She said
As the breeze fell
Upon a blackbird’s word

Chasing shadow play
Up the bark of a tree

Resting my own head
I traced the outline
She chose to show me
Flooding my senses
Renewing my faith
In this thing I used
To know

Come follow me
She said
As my reluctance fell
Upon her guileless word

Chasing shadows away
She led me into the night

Where I could only follow
Not knowing the way
Thus she tricked me astray
To where the world ran dry
Of human screams
Stuck dumb, blind, I felt
I heard singing

Come follow me
She said
As the breeze fell
Upon my untold word.

Copyright Vickie Johnstone, May 8, 2015

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)