Tuesday 22 September 2020

A Poem a Day (260): Sue

 
Sue
 
I would like memory to remember
more clearly every single waking second,
every sentence, look, scene and sound.
I want to be able to download it all
and print it out on fine white paper,
this whole trip recorded and ordered.
 
I want to pick out the scenes to watch,
see her in every single waking age,
travel again our meandering drives
down twisting lanes, loiter on shorelines
tasting salt, explore luscious gardens,
lose ourselves in lanes of starlit stores.
 
I want to relive it all in the clearest detail
because this haziness is all I have.
These picture postcards grow blurred,
washed over under this raw weight.
Why do memories fade out with time
and not grow stronger when we need them?
 
Copyright Vickie Johnstone, September 22, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)