Friday, 7 August 2026

JustGiving Page - asking for help so I don't lose my belongings and things of my parents. Cheers

JUSTGIVING PAGE - https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/vickie-johnstone


I'm sleeping rough at the moment cos I can't get a job. I have £10 until September and today it's August 6. I need to raise money. I am also now in debt to 2 companies that have made demands.

No one offered me a place to stay, so I sleep on the pavement or benches. I was doing hostels when I had money (some mates lent me some). My parents are dead and I have been single since May 2023. My dad died in June 2024 and I just got back to London in March 2025.
I will donate some of the money to Shelter if I receive a lot over the target. I have supported homeless causes, including Centrepoint, a lot since my 20s.

I have spent 47 nights outside so far. I contacted 4 councils, but they can't help. I'm childless.

The photo is of me in my sleeping bag outside.

Big thanks to the drop-in centres and volunteers who give me food. My savings ran out on May 18.

I've worked my entire life in London since I was at Uni. And I have always been independent and paid my own way. I've also lived my entire life in London except for about 3.5 years.

I've done fundraising in the past for charities, including a sponsored writing gig, and I have 2 books and 2 records that raise money for charities. But now I have to do something for myself. My parents are both dead and I've been single since May 2023. And I haven't found a pot of gold at the bottom of a garden.

Don't know what else to do with 2 companies trying to take money from me that I don't owe them when my bank account is empty, and I've told them I'm homeless and jobless (one has handed over to a debt collection agency and the other is sending demands even though I sent a phone back and they owe me money) and I'm in danger of losing my belongings and those of my parents if I can't pay a bill (I've managed to pay it this month - I thought it had failed), and I can't afford £10 for a new Oystercard that the machine just blew up, so...

I went through my inheritance from my dad (he died in June 2024 after being on end-of-life care and I had the priviledge of helping him for 6 months) running away from a harassment and stalking team that has been on my back for 10 years. I've also been refused hostel places because of this fact. I've also been told I'm imagining it, but you can't imagine being physically assaulted. I've had items stolen from storage, my homes, hotels and in the street. And I can't replace what has gone missing.

I haven't had any post since July 2025. Now I can't make or take calls on my phone.

All this has been a bit stressful, but I'm still going... you have the odd bad day when you want to scream and jump in the ocean, but I think every single homeless person in the country feels like that on some days - especially when they are hounded by companies (who were happy to take your money for decades when you were solvent).


From ThanksGiving:
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, I will withdraw funds directly. It's the most efficient way to donate and saves time and costs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)