Tuesday 24 February 2015

A Poem a Day 2015 (35): Rain

Hi! Been to work and physio, and I'm knackered with a capital K, so here's a poem from the past. It's one of my favourites out of the ones I've written, and I published it in Kaleidoscope and Travelling Light (usually free). I was actually listening to Kate Bush when I wrote it. Cheers.



Rain 

She sits and dreams of making rain
In the dark, shadows dancing mimic
Colours of the aghast
Sights and sounds, murmurs
Still breathing
Watching over the edge
Of everything
The glass splinters into a million shapes
Cast in a myriad lights
Bright and sparkling, dancing
In the spring sun
Here, she dreams of making rain
It tears and crashes
Washing away the shards of glass
Splattering the colours rent
With droplets of ice-cold nothing
Cuts and caresses
Spikes of grass peeking through
Clouds gathering
Dust.

copyright Vickie Johnstone


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)