Monday 13 August 2012

Great review for Life's Rhythms!

Thanks to Ey Wade for this awesome review of my haiku collection, Life's Rhythms. It made my week! Apart from the fantastic Olympics! :))


5.0 out of 5 stars Life Flows August 13, 2012
By Ey Wade
Format:Paperback

I grew up disliking poetry of any kind. Couldn't ever get into the short rhyming lines that seemed to be just thrown together but with Vickie I took a chance. I have already read two of her novels and loved her style of writing so when the chance to review Life's. Rhythms appeared I jumped to it. I was not disappointed. Life flows through Vickie's words. Each haiku is a novel, a story within itself. Vickie's words are picturesque. I could 'feel' the rain as it fell on the leaves and remember how green smells when the rain touches the earth. Thanks to her easy way of writing, I think I may try more poetry. I recommend everyone take a chance and read Life's Rhythms.


Here is a sample from inside. Thanks for reading, Vickie.



Rain fallen like stars
Sprinkles silver-like touches,
Dancing beside me


Some distant day she’ll
Return when she sees beauty
In a rainbow sing


Under sparkling stars
She laughs like water cascades
Rippling endlessly


Raspberries blood red
Ripe, soft and so succulent
Chilled ice-cream slithers


The sheltering moon,
Beneath her glimmer they roam -
Free, the wild wolves howl


In the dry still heat
The lizard basks, eyes aloft
Watching out for lunch


Eyes turn to the sun,
River of blue-black shimmers
On peacock feathers


Leaves hurtle, twisting,
Dropping without an echo –
Curved, their hands open




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)