Saturday 25 August 2012

Interview on YA Promo Central





Today I was interviewed on YA Promo Central. I'm talking about the Kiwi Series and writing in general, plus some sillier things. Thanks Amanda! 

Here's a preview... 


YAPC: What’s your current guilty pleasure?

Vickie: Watching Buffy kick some vampire butt while eating Milky Bar chocolate.

YAPC: Have you always wanted to be a writer?

Vickie: Yes, since I was a kid. I always had my nose in a book and when I wasn’t reading, I was daydreaming. My head was always in the clouds and imagining things. I used to think that books could come true. That one day I’d be wandering through the woods and if I was very lucky I’d find the giant tree from The Faraway Tree and meet Moonface in his round house! Sigh! I remember writing a story in Junior School. The class was reading Miss Pepperpot and our homework was to write something similar. I wrote one starring my classmates and the teacher read it out. Maybe the buzz started there.

You can read the rest of the interview, if you like, here...


http://yapromocentral.com/2012/08/25/interview-with-vickie-johnstone-author-of-the-kiwi-in-cat-city/







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)