Wednesday 6 May 2020

Introducing you to Billy Johnstone


Hi, I’d like to introduce you to my uncle, Billy Johnstone, who lives in the north of England. 

Something cool actually happened during Lockdown. I wrote a poem called A Little Life, and Billy was inspired by it and wrote a song called As the Light. And that song inspired me. Since then, I’ve been attempting to write lyrics and he has been working his magic to turn them into songs. So now I’m thinking that songs are poems with wings! They lift off the page and go places.

To listen to these Lockdown songs and some of Billy’s others, check out his page on my blog (second row of tabs). You can also find him on SoundCloud.
 


An interview with Billy with follow soon. 

Cheers!


As the Light




She Blows in with the Tide
Lyrics by Vickie Johnstone 




The Dark Wood
Lyrics by Vickie Johnstone 




Under a Severed Moon
Lyrics by Vickie Johnstone 


2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic song. It has a very dark bluesy feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick. I really like this song. It gets stuck in your head, and it's breezy. Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting :)