Sunday 28 June 2020

A Poem a Day (191): Slip


I’m having one of those ‘totally fed up with lockdown days’! I think it’s showing in my writing today as I can’t come up with anything remotely funny and that’s well needed. Our washing machine is on such a whirl that I think it might take off at any second. If its heading to Mars, Im totally interested.

My uncle, Billy Johnstone, will be playing at Acoustic Edge online today – see yesterday’s post for details. So, if you’re at a loose end at 5pm, pop along to listen to four artists. Whatever you do, have a groovy Sunday! And if you get to boogie with any little green men with antennae, let me know.


Slip

See the scuffle of the sun let loose
Upon clifftops of mountains framed
With pungent wildflowers, wafts of
Butterflies oblivious to falling fragments.
A side slide. Excruciating. Down drop.

This escape into infinity. A relapse.
A space in which to contemplate a life.

Fixed roots fail in the underskirt.
This roll in ether, withering fall,
And stop. He will plug it all back in,
Tug back the torrent rushing in,
Keep the sea in his circular arms.

Copyright Vickie Johnstone, June 28, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)