Friday 3 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 1: Numbers game

I'm following NaPoWriMo on napowrimo.net. The challenge is to write a poem a day in April. 

Today is actually day 3, but I discovered this late (story of my life), so I'm catching up this weekend!

This is the prompt for the April 1 poem: 
Write a self-portrait poem in which you make a specific action a metaphor for your life – one that typically isn’t done all that often, or only in specific circumstances. For example, bowling or shopping for socks or shoveling snow or teaching a child to tie its shoes. 

A numbers game

With a seven
The dice is thrown;
Eleven?
It’s cheating me

Six grins
Its lucky spots at me;
Nine
Tries to take what’s mine

Three slides
Things into the diagonal;
Four
Comes calling me square

Eight fights
Seeking out infinity;
Five
Gives me a helping hand

Two is restless
For its eternal soulmate;
Then one
For this is who I am.

Copyright Vickie Johnstone, April 3, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)