Tuesday 14 April 2020

NaPoWriMo Day 14: By design


Hi, I’m doing NaPoWriMo on napowrimo.net. The challenge is to write a poem a day in April. 

For Day 14, I was a bit late writing – 10pm to be precise – and my brain was tired, so I couldn’t stick to the optional prompt today. I veered off.

This is the prompt for the April 14 poem:
I challenge you to write a poem that deals with the poems, poets and other people who inspired you to write poems.

By design

We breathe.
We are as we were,
Melted, dust-like, ever in renewal.
With this want we build our own stage,
Filling it with the rooms of our lives,
The players we meet and fine ornaments
Designed to beautify our lonely walkways.
Our cupboards leak the bowels of our lives,
Our belongings recycled from our wants.
We pedal inanely without a destination,
Only knowing that we breathe.
How we breathe.

Copyright Vickie Johnstone, April 14, 2020

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. Hope you're having a good day. The sun is actually shining :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting :)